Subscribe to our Mailing List by entering you email address in the box at the bottom of the page.
Free Educational Zoom Events
SWMCCC has partnered with Hunt's Photo & Video for a series of Free webinars. You register in advance for the webinars and After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meetings.
- August 16, 2022, Tuesday 7:00pm EST
- Training Your Eye with Art Becker
- Register: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIqd-CorTksGNQkaK6XjKrzPiPVAFkmD965
- During class you will learn how to see light and composition. And how to capture truly unique images that will open your artistic vision.
- Seeking Uniqueness
- Look before you click the shutter
- Don’t be afraid to get close
- It’s not about the camera
- Standing out
- Have fun
- October 4, 2022, Tuesday 7:00pm EST
- Painting With Cameras with David DesRocher
- Register: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIsf-mrrT4qEtQxEaV_rUU0pnZl_lTR5Jdq
- “Imagination is the faculty or action of forming new ideas, images or concepts of external objects not present to the senses.” During David’s program “Painting With Cameras,” he will discuss new ways to see and capture a variety of subjects by using techniques such as intentional camera motion, multiple exposure, and lens zoom. Searching for and capturing subjects that are often overlooked or seldom seen will also be covered.
- December 7, 2022, Wednesday 7:00pm EST
- Daytime Long Exposures with Padma Inguva
- Register: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcod-ihrj4sHNwUem5SuirqEBdbAsCsaHOV
- Have you ever wondered how to create these surreal photographs where clouds are moving in streaks or the ocean is milky or the waterfalls are silky, or people appear as ghosts of the past? It’s all about long exposure photography. Long exposure photography helps you to create truly dramatic and other worldly images taking you away from reality. If you want to move away from ordinary, ‘as you see it’ kind of images, long exposure photography opens up a whole new world and brand new shooting opportunities.
In this presentation, Padma Inguva will share techniques and tips to make fine art photos with long exposures. She will discuss ...
1. Camera settings,
3. Apps and other tools
4. What techniques to adapt to achieve very long shutter speeds during day time.
Sign up below for the SWMCCC Newsletter Mailing List to Stay Connected to the Latest Information