Start planning now for 2014.
The Southwestern Michigan Council of Camera Clubs invites you to attend the 40th annual SWMCCC Summer Weekend of Photography and Digital Imaging. Whether a beginner or an advanced photographer, you will find instructional opportunities and shooting sessions designed to enhance your creative skills and knowledge of photographic tools. Join us for a weekend of photographic learning, fun and fellowship.
On the campus of Hope College
July 31 - August 3, 2014.
Detailed information will start appearing in the February/March 2014 time frame. In the meantime look at what many of us enjoyed and many of you missed in 2013.
Summer Weekend of Photography and Digital Imaging 2013,
The Southwestern Michigan Council of Camera Clubs would like to thank all our participant, instructors and staff for another great SWMCCC Summer Weekend of Photography and Digital Imaging. We hope the instructional opportunities and shooting sessions along with the fun and fellowship with fellow photographers met or better yet exceeded your expectations. We are looking forward to seeing you again next year or seeing you for the first time if you have not attended before! Detailed information for next year will start to appear in the February/March 2014 time frame.
We would also like to thank all of our participants who contributed photographs for our website and models and completed our survey.
- Register Now - On-Line and Mail-In Registration are now closed but don't despair you can still use our Walk-In Registration which will be open Thursday, August 1, 2013 starting at 3:00 pm. Our Registration Information document provides everything you need to know to register for this great event along with the complete schedule for On-Campus Registration. Click for details.
- Program Hi-Lite's - Want a quick look at the many programs that are offered? Click for details (Updated 05/14/13).
- Class Descriptions and Speaker Biographies - See the detailed information you needed to select the best classes to satisfy your interests and meet your instructors. Click for details (Updated 06/12/13).
- Field Trips - Want hands-on field experience? Take a look at what is offered. Click for details. See what you will experience when you participate in our field trips by viewing the galleries on the right side of this page.
- Evening Feature Presentations - Friday night "Rocky Mountain High: Life on the Edge" by Weldon Lee. Saturday night "Travels in Nature" by Jennifer Wu. Both are at the Knickerbocker Theater. Click for details.
- Schedule Overview - Take a look and get a feel for what your days at the Weekend of Photography might look like when you take advantage of all our offerings. Click for details.
- Conference Schedule, - The detailed schedule is available to help you plan your weekend activities. The schedule may be updated periodically. Click for details (Updated 07/25/13).
- Vendor Presentations and Displays - Several vendors will be on hand to answer questions on their products and services. Click for details (Updated 07/31/13).
- Hope College Map will help you get around the Hope campus as you moved from class to class. Click for details.
- Summer Digital Image Competition (New) - Competition registration is now closed. This will be our 2nd Annual SWMCCC Summer Weekend of Photography and Digital Imaging Digital Competition. We provide a venue where SWMCCC Summer Weekend of Photography participants can engage in the competitive spirit of photography. You have the opportunity to compete against fellow participants for some great awards including 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and 5 Honors ribbons in each Division. We are fortunate this year to also have a "Special Award". You can watch the competition as our three judges work to select the best of the best. Time and place will be announced in our Conference Schedule. See Summer Competition Information (Updated 07/28/13).
- Cook Residence Hall provides housing for Weekend attendees. Be sure to take the virtual campus tour. It has really good information about the Hope campus, especially for people new to our Weekend of Photography. Click for details. The Cook Residence Hall is air-conditioned. Rooms are furnished with twin beds, and two rooms share a common bathroom. Bedding and towels are furnished. Prices are on the mail-in-registration and on-line registration forms.
- Weekend attendees can stay at the HAWORTH Inn & Conference Center at Hope College. The Haworth Inn and Conference Center has a limited number of rooms available. Reservations must be made by calling 1-800-903-9142 no later than June 20. Indicate you are with SWMCCC. Click for details.
- Things to Do in Holland including Area Lodging. Area lodging can be found under "Visiting our Community" then click "Accommodations". Click for details.
Summer Digital Image Competition